[3830] NCCC Sprint K8CN LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, K8CN@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] NCCC Sprint K8CN LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2021 03:18:52 +0000
                    NCCC Sprint - Sep 24

Call: K8CN
Operator(s): K8CN
Station: K8CN

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: NH
Operating Time (hrs): 0.5

  160:   3      2
   80:  12     10
   40:  19     14
   20:   3      3
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  37     29  Total Score = 1,073

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

First time ever breaking 1000 points!  Of course, it took 100 watts rather than
5 watts, but it still feels good.  15 was totally quiet here, some big signals
before the bell on 20, but not many Qs for me there.  40 was terrific, but I had
to drop to the 400 Hz filter setting on my K2 to separate the crowd, and I know
I missed some Qs with multiple callers.  Should have allocated a bit more time
to 80 and 160 given how well I was heard in the Midwest.

The only wrinkle tonight was my QLF'ing on 80 meters - even with abundant
ferrites on the cables to the logging computer, I'm still getting erratic
behavior, mostly missed keystrokes in the Entry window of N1MM+.  I'll hit F5,
then F2 for the exchange, but nothing happens until I hit F2 again.  Sorry for
the confusion on 80 due to that gremlin.  I was able to copy my old Function Key
Messages over to the new logging computer, which helped a lot with smoothing out
the bumps.

I checked the beta version of ReverseBeacon.net before the start and was amazed
to see the map depiction of where I was heard on 80 through 20 - no spots on 15,
but one spot from DL land on 20. I wish I'd tried the beta version before - the
map depiction really gave a feel for where I was heard on each band. I dunno -
this 100 watt thing could be addictive!

Many thanks for the Qs, and for the great NS Zoom session this past Tuesday,

73, MikeNH

Rig: K2 driving outboard KPA100/KAT100, same old droopy 135 foot doublet about
40 feet off the deck.