[3830] CQ WW RTTY K4SBZ SOAB Classic HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQ WW RTTY K4SBZ SOAB Classic HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2021 22:20:19 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY - 2021

Call: K4SBZ
Operator(s): K4SBZ
Station: K4SBZ

Class: SOAB HP
Class Overlay: Classic
QTH: Florida
Operating Time (hrs): 26

   80:   26      37       3     4
   40:  158      35      28    13
   20:  113      25      35    13
   15:   78       7      29    16
   10:
-----------------------------------
Total:  375      84      95    46  Total Score = 165,375

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

Rig: Flex-6600M, HF AUTO Tuner, Flex PGXL amplifier
Ant: 2 80-6M OCF Dipoles @ ~50 ft

I got a very late start – about noon on Saturday. I’m a bit rusty with RTTY
and especially with N1MM+, so this was a learning experience for me.   I spent
considerable time setting up and then fine tuning the macros. I started by
mouse-clicking on the macros, but eventually progressed to using the Fn keys.
This resulted in some decent runs during the last few hours. Lost some time
falling asleep during lunch. My recent surgery has left me somewhat weak and
drowsy.

Once I got underway, the Online Contest Scores proved to be a great motivator.
The Online Contest Scores adds the element of almost live action to contesting.
I only monitored our club score and my position within that. With my late start,
I started at the bottom. But as I passed each other club member, I would check
how far I was behind the next. I didn’t constantly monitor the standings which
were kept on another monitor. But the Online Scores drove me to keep passing
others. When someone passed me, that made me want to work harder to pass them
again. There was also close competition between our club and several other
clubs. I felt much more competitive than I did previously when I contested in
the dark. I would recommend everyone who enjoys contesting to enhance your fun
with Online Contest Scores.