[3830] NvQP K7RC(@W7RN) M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k6dgwnv@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] NvQP K7RC(@W7RN) M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2021 00:24:21 +0000
                    Nevada QSO Party - 2021

Call: K7RC
Operator(s): AA6AA K6DGW
Station: W7RN

Class: M/S HP
QTH: NV
Operating Time (hrs): 17
Remote Operation

  160:    1     0       0
   80:   55     0       0
   40:  197     0       0
   20:  178     0       0
   15:   50     0       0
   10:   76     0       0
    6:    0     0       0
    2:    0     0       0
  222:    0     0       0
  432:    0     0       0
----------------------------
Total:  557     0       0  Mults = 232  Total Score = 387,672

Club:

Comments:

AA6AA was in Los Angeles, K6DGW in Sparks NV.  We both operated W7RN in Virginia
City Highlands NV remotely with logs synchronized via a VPN hosted by Bill,
W6KKN.  Steve and Skip alternated several-hour remote shifts during the breaks
that Jeff, WK6I, took while operating W7RN on-site in the Makrothen RTTY.  The
W7RN remotes [3 of them] are operated via the Microbit RemoteRig connections.
Despite the large number of "moving parts" and significant remote
technology, it all worked, essentially flawlessly, and the two NVQP logs were
identical except for one QSO.  Learned a lot, had a lot of fun.  The use of ARRL
sections instead of SPC everyone expected for out-of-state stations was not an
optimal choice, but we made it work.  Thanks to Tom, K5RC, for the W7RN
super-station, Bill, W9KKN, for the VPN, and to all who gave us a Q or three.
And, thanks to Matt, WX5S, who figured out all the technicalities last year.
73, Steve, AA6AA and Skip K6DGW