[3830] AzQP KG6T/M Mobile LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] AzQP KG6T/M Mobile LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2021 06:03:17 +0000
                    Arizona QSO Party - 2021

Call: KG6T/M
Operator(s): KG6T
Station: KG6T/M

Class: Mobile LP
QTH: AZ
Operating Time (hrs): 11

  160:
   80:   10      1
   40:   63     26
   20:  157     98
   15:   22      7
   10:
    6:
    2:
----------------------------
Total:  252    132      0  CW Mults = 53  Ph Mults = 35  Dig Mults = 0  Total
Score = 55,968

Club:

Comments:

I ran solo mobile across southeastern Arizona in five counties running 50-100 W
into various whips and loading coils. I started just north of Sonoita in Pima
County; drove south into Santa Cruz County; went back north and then east of
Benson into Cochise County; north until I was south of Safford in Graham County;
and then finally drove east and stopped just over the county line in Greenlee
County. Total drive time during the contest was 2.5 hours with another 1 hour to
get to my first stop and 2.5 hours to get back home -- all together a 19 hour
day! This was my first time (a) running mobile for any contest, (b) using most
of my mobile antennas, and (c) field testing my new batteries. Given that my
choice of both counties and route was a last minute decision, I would call the
operation a great success! Thanks to everyone who worked me, especially those
who caught me in multiple counties. Shoutout to K9RS, N6MU, and WN6W, who worked
me in all five counties. Special shoutout to OM2VL, who not only worked me in
every county but also worked me a total of 9 times! Also thanks to K7ZOO for
advice and help with the mobile antennas. Looking forward to next year!