[3830] SDQP AC0W Mobile/Portable LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ac0w@charter.net
Subject: [3830] SDQP AC0W Mobile/Portable LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2021 03:31:26 +0000
                    South Dakota QSO Party - 2021

Call: AC0W
Operator(s): AC0W
Station: AC0W

Class: Mobile/Portable LP
QTH: SD
Operating Time (hrs): 12.5

  160:
   80:
   40:   96      3
   20:  720     33
   15:
   10:
    6:
    2:
----------------------------
Total:  816     36      0  Mults = 61  Total Score = 101,748

Club: Minnesota Wireless Assn

Comments:

Appreciate everyone's patience on Saturday as we dealt with severe weather and
related noise most of the day. The issues started 3 Q's in the noise suddenly
being 20 over. We moved from SSB to CW, which helped a little.

Then late in the day in Marshall County weather alerts started going off,
tornado warning. Apparently the wall cloud I saw earlier produced a tornado, we
just couldn't view it as it was rain wrapped at that point. Also it was clear we
were driving right towards the tornado. So decided to QRT for a while and seek
shelter. After 25 minutes we finally back on the road. Band conditions were a
struggle after that for me. XYL (driver) and I were glad to finally reach our
destination for the day.

Sunday was much better. Great pile-ups and a lot of good ops who were patient as
I worked through the pile-ups. Originally I had plans to mount the 80 CW whip
Sunday morning but decided not to install it in the rain and start the day wet.
Hind sight I wished I had as things were slow on 40 for the first hour. But
things picked up nicely, with great pile-ups all the way up to the end.

Very please with the amount of DX Q's made. 72 Q's with 13 different countries.
Very pleased to even get a couple of JA stations in the log. Countries worked
include DL, F, G, GM, HA, I , JA, LY OM, ON, PA, SM, SP.

Missed 6 states: IA, ND, RI, HI (KH6), MT, WI. Worked 3 provinces: AB, BC, &
ON. Also worked 1 SD county.

Thank you for all the contacts and for following me around the state. Again I
appreciate everyone's patience on Saturday as I dealt with all the weather
issues.

73
Bill
AC0W