[3830] NyQP AB1J SOCW LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ktfrog007@aol.com
Subject: [3830] NyQP AB1J SOCW LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2021 18:24:05 +0000
                    New York QSO Party - 2021

Call: AB1J
Operator(s): AB1J
Station: AB1J

Class: SOCW LP
QTH: Waltham, EMA
Operating Time (hrs): 2:30

  160:
   80:   42
   40:   30
   20:
   15:
   10:
    6:
    2:
  222:
  432:
----------------------------
Total:   72     0       0  Mults = 27  Total Score = 3,888

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

I don't do a lot of state QPs aside from the New England QP where I feel very
much love. The NYQP is an exception which comes from my pursuit of a 5BDXCC back
in the 2006-2009 timeframe. All I needed was to complete 80m where I couldn't
field a good antenna, so it took me three years using an inverted-L contraption
in my back yard I could put up only after dark. Accordingly I spent a lot of
time on 80m and ran across the NYQP each year. I jumped in since I needed a
diversion.

Well, I got the 5BDXCC (80m: 98 CW, 1 SSB and 1 RTTY) eventually but keep coming
back for the NYQP, mostly 80m with some 40m. 80m was a favorite band from my
Novice days back in 1958 and it still tugs at me. And that 80m 5BDXCC chase was
slow but fun and the NYQP reminds me of that time. And I guess I{HEART}NY

Just as a point of interest, I finally figured out how to put up a permanent 80m
stealth antenna, half of it outside with an indoor counterpoise. It works
remarkably well, considering. During the winter of 2018-2019 I worked 100+
countries on 80m FT8 and never broke a sweat. That left me in awe of FT8's
effectiveness.

Thanks for the QSOs and special salute to the mobiles who were wheeling all over
the state. Good show.

73,
Ken, AB1J

Flex 6500
N1MM Logger+  ViewProp
80m & 40m outdoor 66' outdoor stealth wire with indoor counter poise
LoTW  eQSL  ClubLog