[3830] IlQP KK9U Portable QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] IlQP KK9U Portable QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2021 02:53:13 +0000
                    Illinois QSO Party - 2021

Call: KK9U
Operator(s): KK9U
Station: KK9U

Class: Portable QRP
QTH: JEFF/FRNK
Operating Time (hrs): 4.5

  160:
   80:      6
   40:    212
   20:     32
   15:
   10:
    6:
    2:
------------------------
Total:    250       0  Mults = 50  Total Score = 25,092

Club: St. Louis QRP Society

Comments:

Wow what a lot of fun!  I got out a little bit later and the county line
pavilion at Rend Lake (POTA K-1029 Wayne Fitzgerrell State Park) was closed to
vehicle traffic so I had to carry everything in from a nearby boat ramp.  It was
only about half a mile and I was able to fit most of the station and food in my
back pack.  That little bit put me behind on time though.  I was QRP with an 84'
random wire in sort of an inverted-v configuration.  It was smooth sailing until
the sun starting going down and the temp dropped below 60.  I packed up an hour
early.  I think this was my most QSO's in a single day ever.  Much better than
the 34 Q's I made in the MO QSO Party over two days.  Not bad for just starting
learning CW in April!  I can't wait to try and beat my own score next year.