[3830] NA Sprint SSB K0UK LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ukbrown@aol.com
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint SSB K0UK LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2021 13:17:09 +0000
                    NA Sprint SSB Contest - October

Call: K0UK
Operator(s): K0UK
Station: K0UK

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: CO
Operating Time (hrs): 4
Radios: SO2R

   80:   57     1.5
   40:  114     1.5
   20:   23       1
---------------------

Club: Grand Mesa Contesters of Colorado

Team: GMCC Gold Team

Comments:

A  recap of the contest from my view point.
 We started out on 3811 for the Wy mult provided by Dale WC7S doing QRP  with
the Wy 20db gain effect working. Then to 7178. I then bounced between  20 to 40
really making good progress. This was essentially the first hour. Then 20 going
east faded and 20 going south and west was in and things for me slowed up. Mid
point it was some 20 but mostly doing the 5kc bounce listening for cq'er along
the way on 40. When I went to 80 I was at 108 and K0EU Ken was 125. Felt good
about that but as he said, its SLOW GOING and that was the truth double time's
over.
 I was losing energy, interest of sorts and now its "dog dig for a bone
time". Thus sucked it up with lots of CQ's on one band while looking for
mults on another plus dueling cq's which at times produced.
 Ended on 80mtrs mostly trying to hear the east coast for mults and work the
5/6/7/0 call area's who were usually louder. Never heard UT and N9RV was there
for ID just a bit...Missed him but got ID.
A big special Thanks to WC7S for doing Wy and QRP. He gets my vote for the most
dedicated GMCC of the year for this contest alone. And he did it QRP
style...What a cowboy....
 Also W0ETT for being a beacon of encouragement for me and other contester's.
 For K0EU Randy/Ken. Who is a great op and a true contest performer in the top
row. He bring out the the best in others by setting the bar!
 W0ZA Greg who got on and did this via remote. Thanks Greg for being a
trooper...
 N0POH Got his shack rebuilt and had a super signal to me. Thanks for answering
the plea. Appreciate you!
 KH6CJJ the Maui Man is a Mountain Man in my book. Got him on 20 but didn't find
him on 40 Maybe next time.
N7WY Bob who was in the "show me state" MO.  I bet dealing with the
thunder boomers and QRN. Thanks Bob for keeping GMCC alerted of up coming
contest plus his help with me on Writelog in the past.
Well that was with me the Great 8 from GMCC.
 One full team of 5 and one with 3.
 Thanks again and now back to cw. Just remember, "there is no better fun
than working a rare one you hear".
 God Bless you all and America!
bill k0uk