[3830] TBDC KK4R Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kk4r.rob@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] TBDC KK4R Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2021 15:16:56 +0000
                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge - Pre-Stew

Call: KK4R
Operator(s): KK4R
Station: KK4R

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: va
Operating Time (hrs): 2

Total:  QSOs = 102  Total Score = 310

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

The contest caught me off guard.  My 160m antenna system has been giving me
problems, and I actually spent the morning Saturday digging up the feedline to
see if the recent aeration had damaged it.  My remote antenna tuner stopped
tuning a month ago, and I sent it back for repairs and now it is mysteriously
tuning any band but 160, which is the easiest to tune.  When I saw the Stew
Perry was underway, I abandoned working on that mystery and got down to
operating.  Using the tuner in the shack, everything seemed to go well, so that
makes the tuner the prime suspect again.  Interestingly, because I had been
troubleshooting the tuner, I had the power at 10 W and made a few QSOs before
discovering it, so the antenna problem can't be too bad.