[3830] TBDC K1EP(@K1WHS) Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k1ep@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] TBDC K1EP(@K1WHS) Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2021 20:45:00 +0000
                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge - Pre-Stew

Call: K1EP
Operator(s): K1EP
Station: K1WHS

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: me
Operating Time (hrs):

Total:  QSOs = 333  Total Score = 1,542

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Thanks to Dave, K1WHS, for the use of his station.  The contest started out
promising, low noise and lots of Eu heard well before sunset.  My furthest Q was
RM4F who called me 20 minutes before sunset.  With low power, it was sometimes
difficult to attract the attention of Eu, but many went in the log.  As the
night progressed, the QRN became steadily stronger and disruptive.  I had to ask
for many fills on strong stations due to untimely static crashes. By Eu sunrise,
most everyone had given up. Dave's long beverages were great and the dual
receivers in the K4D allowed me to select any two directions in any combination.
 Thanks for the Qs.