[3830] CWopsT KG5U Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kg5u@att.net
Subject: [3830] CWopsT KG5U Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2021 14:14:44 +0000
                    CWops Mini-CWT Test - 1300Z Oct 27

Call: KG5U
Operator(s): KG5U
Station: KG5U

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: TX
Operating Time (hrs): 1

------------
  160:
   80:   3
   40:  67
   20:  27
   15:
   10:
------------
Total:  97  Mults = 88  Total Score = 8,536

Club: Texas DX Society

Comments:

Again, COM3 (keying) disappeared and had to use WKUSB buttons for
kg5u/exchg/TU/CQ, paddles to send his call, and keyboard for logging. Whew! I'm
worn out. Lotsa wrong button pressing, but I think I noticed an improvement as
the session wore on. Had nice rates on 40: N1MM Info showed >120 for a good
while and a couple of 150 peaks of the Last 10 bar graph. Missed 100 by 3. I
wonder if I shouldn't have foregone 80 (3 Q's there) and just started on 40
where the time used up on 80 might have been more productive on 40. I guess I'll
never know now. Gotta figure out why COM3 comport goes haywire from time to
time. I've reseated cables, reseated them in other USB ports, but nothing seems
to work to permanently keep COM3 active. Got a new radio coming in the near
future, so maybe now's a good time to get a new computer.
In spite of it all, great fun with great ops in great conditions. Many thanks
for the QSOs.
CU all at 19z, hopefully with a working COM3.

73,
dale, kg5u

xcvr: K3S, 100w
ant: AV-640 (20-10), 40m Inv vee @ 70\', 80m Inv vee at 70\'
sw: N1MM+
keyer: WKUSB & Kent iambic paddles & N1MM+
Coffee: Folger\'s - I needed a stronger brew of it this morning.