[3830] CQWW SSB VE9AA SOSB15 Classic HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB VE9AA SOSB15 Classic HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 01 Nov 2021 00:02:26 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB - 2021

Call: VE9AA
Operator(s): VE9AA
Station: VE9AA

Class: SOSB15 HP
Class Overlay: Classic
QTH: nb
Operating Time (hrs): 21:21

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15: 2028    29      108
   10:
------------------------------
Total: 2028    29      108  Total Score = 729,525

Club: Maritime Contest Club

Comments:

I have a whole new appreciation for those contesters amoung us who may not be
100% able bodied for whatever reason.

I sprained my right wrist (and I'm a righty) about a week ago and so that
prevented lots of preparation and in-test flexibility in my operation but as I
saw the sunspots rise, my hopes came with it, so I wanted to say I played in
this one, even though my effort would be much less than usual.

No antenna work, no switching in the bigger SSB amp, no SO2R...heck, not even
any packet cluster or mouse use to speak of.

I was 1 hand, 1 radio, 1 antenna, 1 keyboard* , 1 small amp (650w) and manual
tuning the VFO with the wrong hand.  No antenna switching even.

Of all the things that annoyed me it was the tuning of the VFO that hassled me.
I had a real hard time with this task ! * I did press the enter key now and then
with my bad hand, as there wasn't too much pressure on my sprained wrist, but I
am not sure I did it any good ;-)  Good deal it wasn't a CW contest....I
definitely can't send with my left hand.  Right hand paddle accuracy is
debatable at times too !

My goal going in was 2000-Q's, 30 zones and DXCC on 15m.  I sorta mostly got
there.
My stretch goal was 1M pts, but with only a fixed delta loop (NE/SW) that'll
have wait for a little better condx.  As it was, I thought condx on 15m were
definitely good, but not great !

Highlight had to be NH2DX calling me just before the band folded on Sat nite.
Thanks Joel. You sure made my day....someday, 6m ?

Lowlight(s)...No JA's or ZL's...a fair amount of KH6 and VK's so not sure what
was up with the NZ to NB path. (hi)

No deep Russia, India or anything much past Z 16 in that direction.
Friday night no Q's (band dead)

Sat 1250 Q's
Sun 778 Q's give/take and the band took longer to be runnable and not quite as
strong to EU as Sat.

CQ WorldWide SSB - 2021-10-30 0000Z to 2021-11-01 0000Z - 2051 QSOs
VE9AA Max Rates:

2021-10-30 1714Z - 6.0 per minute  (1 minute(s)), 360 per hour by
2021-10-31 1525Z - 4.2 per minute  (10 minute(s)), 252 per hour by
2021-10-31 1550Z - 3.0 per minute  (60 minute(s)), 179 per hour by

CU (all of a sudden!) on 15m in CQWW CW--I hope!

Mike, VE9AA
1 x IC7410,medium amp, delta loop