[3830] CQWW SSB ND0C SOAB QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, randydvm@iw.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB ND0C SOAB QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 01 Nov 2021 01:18:32 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB - 2021

Call: ND0C
Operator(s): ND0C
Station: ND0C

Class: SOAB QRP
QTH: MN
Operating Time (hrs): 25

  160:    0     0        0
   80:   16     6        4
   40:   26     9       15
   20:  112    23       50
   15:  185    20       57
   10:   65    13       23
------------------------------

Club: Minnesota Wireless Assn

Comments:

This was fun!  The sunspots showed up for the party and the propagation was
pretty good on the high bands.  This wasn't as good as 2013, but it is a big
step in the right direction and I'm excited about the trend!  (Now to improve my
antennas for the low bands for future efforts!)

The low bands were a struggle, as always with QRP and low wire antennas.  But it
seemed even worse than most years. I never did get any EU in the 40 meter log
despite a lot of calling!  And I couldn't snag any of the VKs that had decent
signals on 40 either.

But the openings on 15 and 10 made up for the frustrations on 40 and 80.  15
meters was the band I focused on, but I spent a fair amount of time on 20 to get
mults, and had some pleasant surprises with the pile-ups I was able to break.
After over 40 years of contesting and DXing exclusively with QRP, I continue to
be amazed at what is possible!

HD8R had great ears and I was able to get them on five bands - first call each
time!

I really appreciate all the DX ops that pulled my weak signal out, battling the
QSB and QRM (which I can only imagine).  Thanks!

Equipment: Yaesu FTdx3000 running 5 watts out
Antennas: Cycle 24 TX38 triband Yagi at 40 feet (13 meters): 2 el on 20, 2 el on
15 and 4 el on 10; tuned inverted vee for 40 and 80 with apex at 39 feet (12.5
meters)

73,
Randy, ND0C