[3830] CQWW SSB AA4VT M/2 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, schmiera@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB AA4VT M/2 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 01 Nov 2021 03:17:05 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB - 2021

Call: AA4VT
Operator(s): AA4VT AA4V NZ4CW W4GE
Station: AA4VT

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: SC
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:    8     4        4
   80:  236    18       69
   40:  377    28       90
   20:  633    33      115
   15:  756    30      116
   10:  723    27       91
------------------------------

Club: Carolina DX Association

Comments:

Once again, four old geezers met at a suburban house on a 1/4 acre lot with a
single 70ft tower and worked their collective butts off for 48 hours at an all
band, 1500W multi/2 station.  At first we thought all our efforts at shielding,
isolating, and choking all available lines between all the equipment was going
to come to naught given the dire predictions of the coronal CME that occurred
the day before, but Murphy was indeed either kind to us or asleep at the switch.
 The bands, especially 15 and 10 meters, opened up and the RF came pouring down
from all over the world...

Ok, I've gotta stop here.  I'm a little sleep deprived as I write this, so my
prose is getting out of hand.

The Crew:  Our engineer AA4VT, our mentor Steve, AA4V, our gallant conscript
Craig, NZ4CW, and your humble scribe Rick, W4GE.

Rigs: Elecraft K3S/P3 x 2, KPA 1500 and Acom 2000 amps. Miles of control wires
and many computers, controllers, and a few Raspberry Pi's thrown in to control
everything so one rig wouldn't blow up the other....

Antennas: A SteppIR DB36 @ 70ft and a SteppIR 3 element at 90ft on same tower
which was also shunt fed for 80 and 160 meters.  Two RX pennants served us well,
and were wired to give us 4 directions...

Software: N1MM+

Thanks to all for answering our calls, and for the grace and manners of the
Amateur Contest Community.

Rick, W4GE