[3830] SS CW W6KC SO Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w6kc@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] SS CW W6KC SO Unlimited HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 08 Nov 2021 04:46:08 +0000
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW - 2021

Call: W6KC
Operator(s): W6KC
Station: W6KC

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: Santa Monica, CA
Operating Time (hrs): 8.5

------------
  160:
   80:    9
   40:   98
   20:  119
   15:  124
   10:
------------

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

I just did a search on the ARRL QST archive and found my first reported SS score
was in the 1961 contest, some 60 years ago.  Back then I made 160 QSOs in 48 of
the 73 possible sections which interestingly included the Canal Zone (KZ5). I
logged 26 hours of the maximum of 40 hours (spread over two weekends). The
original SS was in 1930, so I only missed the first 30 years of the 90 years of
SS. With that history it's no wonder I still get a thrill operating in SS
today.

SS CW is still the best...especially when you get a sweep on Saturday after only
5 hours!  My last two sections were NT & NL. I first found VY1AAA at 0148 on
40M for NT.  I had worked VY1AAA (Gerry) the night before SS began, when he was
testing on 40M, so I knew I had a good chance to find him again the following
evening during the SS. A few minutes later, I worked VO1HP for NL on 80M for the
sweep.  And once again I proved that it is true that you do sleep better after
getting the sweep on Saturday.

K3s, KPA1500, Mosley TA33jr, 40M Inverted V, 124.5 ft End Fed Wire, all antennas
at about 30ft

73,  Jim W6KC (WA6GDS in 1961)