[3830] SS CW N2IC Single Op QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n2ic@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] SS CW N2IC Single Op QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 08 Nov 2021 13:33:30 +0000
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW - 2021

Call: N2IC
Operator(s): N2IC
Station: N2IC

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: New Mexico
Operating Time (hrs): 24
Radios: SO2R

------------
  160:    0
   80:   61
   40:  318
   20:  413
   15:  202
   10:    0
------------

Club:

Comments:

I only did Q class one other time in SS - the first year it was introduced. Now
I know why I needed 25+ years to recover from that.

Got off to a great start - 99 QSO's in the first hour. Thank you, 15 meters and
great east coast ops. At that point, I thought making 1000 QSO's would be a
breeze. 15 and 20 meters were fun. I thought 40 would be the same, but it went
flat after 02Z. Once I hit 80 meters, reality set in. Felt like I was running
milliwatts there. Every QSO more than 500 miles was a struggle. Almost no one
east of W9 could hear me. Took my time off in one block - 0606Z-1207Z. That made
for a long day on Sunday, but I wanted to minimize my time being QRPeeee on the
low bands.

Some have commented on the clean sweep being easy this year. Next time, try it
QRP. I heard all sections but NL on Saturday evening, but with QRP, no chance to
 work them on backscatter. Thought I was going to miss my neighbor, WTX, but
fortunately, 40 went short on Sunday morning and W5ACQ was there. Thanks, Mike.
Also thanks to Chris, VO2AC for the great ears on a not-quite-open 20 meters.
Also, thanks to Chuck, WY7M for putting in a big effort; the only WY station
heard.

Thanks to all for your good ears !

73,
Steve, N2IC