[3830] SS CW K4HQK Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jwfuller@verizon.net
Subject: [3830] SS CW K4HQK Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 08 Nov 2021 16:21:35 +0000
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW - 2021

Call: K4HQK
Operator(s): K4HQK
Station: K4HQK

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Alexandria, VA
Operating Time (hrs): 10.5

------------
  160:
   80:   65
   40:  134
   20:   76
   15:   10
   10:
------------

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Between readying the kitchen and family room for a painter, helping with
laundry, going out for dinner, etc., I scraped together a little over 10 hours
for SS CW. Band conditions had recovered from last week's CME and activity was
lively, so I was gratified to average one QSO every 2 minutes in S&P mode
with my modest station.

Thanks, too, to Tom/N1MM's wonderful logging feature that combines SS Call
History File data with what I typed in from the other guy's report. Sure made
that grueling exchange easier to handle and kept me sharp.

My catch consisted of 77 sections, including these pleasant surprises: WY, DE,
RI, VI, AK, and just before going QRT, VY0ERC on 7021.6 for YT. However, I
missed NLI, SD, EWA, and UT in the U.S., and in Canada, AB, NL and QC. I know
some of those are a bit rare, but NLI? UT? QC? If I had chosen to operate in
"unlimited" mode for spotting assistance, maybe I could have tracked
down those elusive sections.

Bottom line: With good band conditions and lots of activity, I really did enjoy
this SS, more so than I anticipated. I hope you, did, too.

73,

John K4HQK
Alexandria, VA

Station: Icom 7410, ALS-600 amp (500w), Cushcraft R-6000 vertical, and dipoles