[3830] SS CW VE5SF Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ve5sf@sasktel.net
Subject: [3830] SS CW VE5SF Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2021 15:53:25 +0000
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW - 2021

Call: VE5SF
Operator(s): VE5SF
Station: VE5SF

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: SK
Operating Time (hrs): ~22

------------
  160:    0
   80:   28
   40:  282
   20:  379
   15:  177
   10:    0
------------

Club: Saskatchewan Contest Club

Comments:

Call and they will come ... well not this time!  Never heard or found NL or PEI
although some time was spent searching.  Most surprisingly never worked a SK
station - hard to believe I could not find anyone in my own province on for the
contest, although I see from the reflector reports that at least one other SK
station was on.  Thus no CW sweep again this year :(  Almost missed AB and ONN,
only had one of each section call - many thanks to VA6RCN and VE3ZI.  Was very
fortunate to find VY1AAA (thanks Jay and Gerry for getting the station on) and
being a little closer than my southern neighbours, was able to persist and break
the pileup with 100W. Somewhat unusual, VI and PR were in the log early and
worked three ND and three MB stations - usually it can be difficult to find
these sections from here.  80 metres was terribly noisy here and nothing heard
on 10 metres.  Cat jumped on the keyboard a couple of times, seemingly when I
was trying to work a more rare section.  Hope to be on for the SSB portion.  NL,
PEI and SK - please call if you hear me - sure would like a sweep this year in
one part of Sweepstakes!