[3830] WAE RTTY VE3NNT Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, lesbrown@sympatico.ca
Subject: [3830] WAE RTTY VE3NNT Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2021 03:00:52 +0000
                    WAE DX Contest, RTTY - 2021

Call: VE3NNT
Operator(s): VE3NNT
Station: VE3NNT

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: FN14cm
Operating Time (hrs): 25

   80:  102         108
   40:  294   300   195
   20:  349   327   144
   15:  319   666   124
   10:
-------------------------
Total: 1064  1293   571  Total Score = 1,345,847

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

I wasn't planning to spend too much of the weekend in front of the radio and was
torn between spending some time in the OK/OM DX CW contest or trying out the WAE
RTTY contest (I've never done one of these). The latter started Friday night but
we decided to relax and watch the latest James Bond movie Friday night. Saturday
morning I started to dabble with the WAE RTTY contest, testing out the station
and getting familiar with this mode (It took me a while to figure out how to
sent QTCs in N1MM). I'm a CW guy at heart, but this RTTY contest kind of grows
on you. With the different rules for the RTTY version of this contest (being
able to send and receive QTCs and make QSOs with everyone, not just EU), you
don't run out of contacts as the different bands open and close. In the end, I
got sucked into operating 25 hours of it. I didn't start with any particular
goal, but as the contest progressed, I decided to shoot for either 1000 QSOs or
1 million points.

I enjoyed it. I think I might put in a serious effort next year.

The weather has cooperated (no snow). I operated from the cottage station. We'll
be closing the cottage for the winter in a couple of days.