[3830] SS SSB N1RM Multi-Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n1rm@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] SS SSB N1RM Multi-Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2021 01:36:29 +0000
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB - 2021

Call: N1RM
Operator(s): N1RM W2WCM WA8AHZ
Station: N1RM

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: VA
Operating Time (hrs): 24

------------
  160:
   80:  297
   40:  276
   20:  225
   15:   31
   10:
------------

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Well, that was fun! Bill-W2WCM, Mike-WA8AHZ, and Rick-N1RM put in max BIC time
at Rick's station in Great Falls. The bands seemed mediocre, but propagation was
good enough for us to make it through the pileup on VY1CO at about 2000Z Sunday
for the sweep. The noise level on 20M and 15M has been getting steadily worse to
the west of the shack and it has now gotten bad enough that I need to do some
investigating into the source.  The station played well: no amps tripped off
line, and the computer didn't reboot, though we have to figure out why the N1MM
CH file was not working when W2WCM was logged in - it doesn't seem like it
should be a per-operator thing.  He did all his QSOs the "old fashioned
way"- great job, Bill!

This was a great learning experience for all of us and Bill and Mike both raised
their games to the next level during these 24 hours.  It was fun to watch them
really milk the performance out of the station with relentless effort.

Hope you all had as much fun as we did - thanks for all the QSOs and spots!

73,
N1RM, W2WCM, and WA8AHZ

K4/KPA500/KAT500
A2000A