[3830] SS SSB KE2D Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] SS SSB KE2D Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2021 03:46:36 +0000
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB - 2021

Call: KE2D
Operator(s): KE2D
Station: KE2D

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: New Jersey
Operating Time (hrs): 10:53

------------
  160:
   80:  264
   40:   57
   20:   23
   15:   28
   10:
------------

Club: South Jersey Radio Assn

Comments:

I enjoy sweepstakes but am always glad when it's over also.

I did not get the sweep on SSB this year.  I missed 4 sections:  AK, NT, ONN,
SB
I think the only ONN station I heard was VE3RX and he was swamped so I'm sure
there weren't very many on.  NT and AK are always a challenge from here in NJ
but I was surprised I didn't find an SB station anywhere.  I got the sweep 2
weeks ago in CW (with LP) so at least I'll get one mug this year.

On Sunday afternoon I did a silly thing and blew up the balun on my 80m inverted
V.  I had been switching to that antenna to listen to a station because that
antenna had less noise than my TX antenna.  When I went to 15m and forgot I had
the 80m antenna selected on the tuner, I loaded it up OK with the tuner but when
I took the amp out of standby and the SWR shot up I knew something was wrong.
When I saw what antenna I was on I realized what I had done.

Since I will need that antenna next weekend for CQ WW CW (a more important
contest for me), I decided to take a couple hours on Sunday afternoon to swap
out the balun with a spare one I had.