[3830] SS SSB W1SJ SO Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w1sj@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] SS SSB W1SJ SO Unlimited HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2021 05:08:25 +0000
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB - 2021

Call: W1SJ
Operator(s): W1SJ
Station: W1SJ

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: VT
Operating Time (hrs): 24
Radios: SO2R

------------
  160:
   80:  588
   40:  461
   20:  548
   15:    1
   10:
------------

Club: Radio Amateurs of Northern Vermont

Comments:

Started out with great expectations and managed to get my butt kicked for 3
hours. 60 Q/H rates to start are just not gonna get it done. Conditions are such
that the guys with the big towers rule on 20 and 40 meters as the bands go long.
I finally got to my big band, 80 meters, and posted a couple of OK hours, then
that went into toilet. I found myself a hundred Q's behind everyone else I was
competing with. I went to bed feeling pretty depressed, even though I knew I did
the best I could. I fell asleep with dreams of a hundred foot tower with big
yagis on top.

Sunday is rarely a day one looks forward to in SS. But I started up with a great
hour on 40 meters and I managed to eek out good rates all afternoon. By Sunday
evening, I found myself right in there with the rest of the pack. Strange as it
seems, I made more QSO's on Sunday then Saturday. That happens rarely in a
contest. It will be nice to get back to more reasonable conditions.