[3830] CQWW CW N3FZ SO(A)AB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW N3FZ SO(A)AB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2021 22:26:38 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW - 2021

Call: N3FZ
Operator(s): N3FZ
Station: N3FZ

Class: SO(A)AB HP
QTH: FM19mm
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:    2     2        2
   80:   55    10       33
   40:  217    16       54
   20:  413    22       77
   15:  313    18       74
   10:
------------------------------
Total: 1011    68      240  Total Score = 904,288

Club: Northeast Maryland Amateur Radio Contest Society

Comments:

I had a terrific time.  A few interesting operating points.  On 40 meters, I
have been adjusting the beam a bit so it was at 10 feet.  I had intended to just
use my G5RV at 50 feet instead.  I couldn't hear or be heard on my G5RV so I
figured I'd give the beam (at 10 feet) a try.  Whoah!  I can't wait to get this
thing back up at 50-55'.  Almost all 40m QSOs were on a 2 el Yagi at 10 feet

On 80 meters, band conditions were good for me.  The problem was that I wasn't
being heard at 100 watts.  I kicked the amp on and the fire alarms went berserk
in my house.  The XYL put a kabash to HP on 80 meters.  Also, I think the best
condx for 80m was on Friday night.

Finally, I had intended on only putting in 500 QSOs but the morning runs were so
fast that I quickly wanted to target 1000.  Hopefully with 40 and 80 in better
shape next year, I'll be able to hit around 1500 QSOs.