[3830] CQWW CW KB0EO SO(A)AB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kb0eo@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW KB0EO SO(A)AB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2021 23:44:18 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW - 2021

Call: KB0EO
Operator(s): KB0EO
Station: KB0EO

Class: SO(A)AB HP
QTH: Minnesota
Operating Time (hrs): 14:30

  160:    6     5        3
   80:   16    11       11
   40:  110    27       74
   20:  134    30       70
   15:   83    29       59
   10:   11    10        9
------------------------------
Total:  360   112      226  Total Score = 327,522

Club: Minnesota Wireless Assn

Comments:

This is a difficult weekend to do this contest as we always celebrate
Thanksgiving on Saturday, which significantly cuts into the time spent at the
radio. In addition, I am the chef, so that really impacts the time.

However, through much chiding and goading from various team south members, I was
able to carve out some time. First it was "try to hit 50,000 points"
from the team - once that was hit, the heckling began in earnest and 300,000
points was the final objective.

I really love this contest - the timing is unfortunate. I tried to hit all the
bands, but ended up having some internal house noise issue on Sunday when the
family had all departed. I was going to spend more time on 80 m, but only
managed a few QSOs.

My only goal was to hit 300K points and try to get 30 zones on one band - all I
did was S&P and roam the bands looking for zones/countries. The highlight
was Sunday late when I broke the impressive pileup on 40 meters for HZ1TT for
zone 21. I'm not sure how he pulled me out of the east coast and EU zoos, but
there it is. My 30th zone on 20 meters came at the end working RW0CR for zone
19.

Sorry I couldn't put in a bigger effort, but family comes first.

best wishes for a wonderful Thanksgiving and upcoming Christmas and New Year
holidays.

73,

Dan - KB0EO
Kilkenny, MN