[3830] CQWW CW ND0C SOAB QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, randydvm@iw.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW ND0C SOAB QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2021 00:54:43 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW - 2021

Call: ND0C
Operator(s): ND0C
Station: ND0C

Class: SOAB QRP
QTH: MN
Operating Time (hrs): 24

  160:    2     1        2
   80:   36    12       12
   40:   43    14       22
   20:  158    22       57
   15:   96    20       43
   10:   17     7       13
------------------------------

Club: Minnesota Wireless Assn

Comments:

Like many others, I had conflicts with family activities - often the case on
this weekend.  But I really enjoy this contest - both modes - and the conditions
seemed pretty good.

As always, the normal limitations associated with QRP apply, but this was fun.
It was a struggle to get into EU on 40 - seemed easier on 80.  Go figure.  But
with low dipoles I'll take what I can get!  It is always nice to get some JAs
and Oceania on 40!  I could hear JAs on 80 Saturday morning but they couldn't
hear me!  In the last 15 minutes of the contest I heard both BY4SZ and 7A2A, but
just got  CQ'd in my face - bummer!  That would have been a nice pair of double
mults!  But I was able to grab some Asiatic Russian mults on both 15 and 20 in
the last hour.

The real fun aspect of contesting with QRP are the pleasant surprises:
  - I heard EL2DT off the back of the beam Sunday afternoon and once I got my
monster array (not!) turned, he was able to hear me.
  - Getting through pile-ups that I have no business breaking (timing is sooo
important!)
   - Lots of double mults late Sunday afternoon when I was able to get back to
the radio.

Running QRP isn't easy - for me or the DX - and I really appreciate the stations
that pull my signal out of the QRM and QRN.  Thanks to all the patience,
persistence and good ears out there: most notable were RW0CR and VK4DX on 40.  -
Challenging QSOs but they hung with me!

73,
Randy, ND0C

Rig: FTdx3000 running 5 watts out
Antennas: Cycle 24 TX38 Yagi at 13 meters (2 elements on 15 and 20; 4 on 10);
inverted vee with apex at 12 meters - open line feed