[3830] CQWW CW KZ5D SOAB Classic HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW KZ5D SOAB Classic HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2021 01:36:06 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW - 2021

Call: KZ5D
Operator(s): KZ5D
Station: KZ5D

Class: SOAB HP
Class Overlay: Classic
QTH: LA
Operating Time (hrs): 22

  160:   28     9       11
   80:   84    13       39
   40:  327    22       70
   20:  364    20       61
   15:  400    23       71
   10:   34    19       20
------------------------------

Club: LA Contest Club

Comments:

UPS delivered my K-4 about 3 hours before the start of the contest. I had
debated whether to put it on for this workout without time to learn how to use
its many features. What the heck, I thought, I decided to give it a try. So
needless to say, I didn't have the mastery of all of its capabilities. But the
rig and the op managed to make it through 22 hours of fun. 15 was so good, I
almost overlooked 20. In fact, I didn't spend any time on 20 until Sunday
morning. My age is catching up on me as I was too sleepy and tired to catch the
European sunrise on 160 and 80.

One problem with operating in the Classic category is that so many ops do not
bother signing their calls very often, depending on people seeing it on the
cluster. For me personally, it's still fun to find the mults and rare guys.