[3830] CQWW CW KE2WY SOAB Classic LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW KE2WY SOAB Classic LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2021 03:11:28 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW - 2021

Call: KE2WY
Operator(s): KE2WY
Station: KE2WY

Class: SOAB LP
Class Overlay: Classic
QTH: HOME
Operating Time (hrs): 24:24

  160:
   80:  102    11       37
   40:  138    16       54
   20:  179    12       55
   15:  122    14       50
   10:   25     8       11
------------------------------

Club: Rochester (NY) DX Association

Comments:

A good effort by an old guy. Age and family illness constricted the plan to now
and then operating. Some new tactics for S&P were useful. Everybody says
"run," and I agree. However, getting a run going proves very difficult
for my modest station. So, making S&Ping more productive was one of the main
goals for this contest. I read about contesters claiming that they can exceed
100 Q's per hour doing S&Ping in just about any contest. I'd sure like to
watch! I spent some time listening to hams running in order to get a feel for
their rate and techniques. No body was over 50 to 60 per hour, and that was for
only short bursts. Also, it helps to be rare [by whatever definition] which
ensures a large group of ready callers that will be there for some time. Enough
of that rant! Great fun as usual and no technical problems this time around.
Thanks be.