[3830] CQWW CW AB2E SO(A)AB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW AB2E SO(A)AB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2021 03:36:13 +0000

Comments:

Rig: FTDX-9000D/Acom 2000A
Antennas: all wires
160m Inverted L @95 ft
 80m Dipole @ 95 ft
 40m Dipole @ 90 ft
 20m Delta Loop @ 65ft
 10m/15m homebrew fan dipole @ 65ft

Generally great conditions through the weekend, with the exception of 160m both
nights (never worked anything outside of NA either night). Missed many of the
usual suspects on 160. Did not hear PJ2T at all first night (they seem to be a
beacon always on). Managed to work them Sat night, along with a couple other
Caribbeans. Very pleased with the spread of mults and QSOs. 80m was my best QSO
total ever from home. Great runs both nights steady stream of strong EU.  10m
never seemed to open but I did get WH6T on Sun afternoon who was S7 on the
dipole. Thanks to the expeditions who seemed to be on most bands. I worked a ton
of stations on 4 or 5 bands, usually missing either 160 or 10m for the 6th
band.
My full-time effort was only 26hours, with 4 or 5 hours sleep both nights, and a
couple family obligations along the way. All the wires performed as well as can
be expected, with the 80m and 40m dipoles being the strongest performers. I can
run effectively on 15 and 20 if the band is open strong to EU but otherwise all
s&p. I must have been called out on DL packet, there seemed to be an endless
stream of DL stations for my 80m and 15m runs. Great to work so many friends.
Missed weekend DXCC all bands, but almost made it on 15m with 96. A couple years
ago before Covid I had DXCC on 3 bands. Kudos to all the dxpeditions who managed
to navigate the hazards and many requirements for traveling these days,
especially taking along radios and other gear as checkin or carryon as well as
meeting all the Covid testing requirements for entry to a country.
73 Darrell AB2E

Band     QSOs     Pts  ZN   Cty  Pt/Q
   1.8      28      57    6   13   2.0
   3.5     373    1016   16   72   2.7