[3830] CQWW CW NC6K SO(A)AB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, egruff@cox.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW NC6K SO(A)AB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2021 06:17:58 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW - 2021

Call: NC6K
Operator(s): NC6K
Station: NC6K

Class: SO(A)AB HP
QTH: SDG
Operating Time (hrs): 28

  160:   10     6        6
   80:   50    14       18
   40:  127    21       45
   20:  297    25       64
   15:  216    24       46
   10:   33    10       13
------------------------------
Total:  733   100      192  Total Score = 515,964

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

I decided to run my new Elecraft K4 as SO2V in this one. There are some great
features and some issues with the radio in its current state, but overall it
performed very well. It's hard to run SO2V after doing SO2R for the past bunch
of years, so it was more like "occasionally enhanced SO1R".

Anyway, conditions were meh on both nights here. Daytime was much better,
especially on Sunday. After having a really hard time getting any sort of runs
going, there was an explosion of Asian stations in the last 2-3 hours and I must
have made close to 150 QSOs Sunday afternoon. Surprising, as it was Monday
morning already there - perhaps they shut down work for this contest?

Sure was great having 15 M wide open for several hours at a time and actually
making Qs on 10. I can't wait to see what next year brings as Old Sol arouses
from slumber.

Thanks to all for the Qs and CU next time!

73 de NC6K