[3830] CQWW CW MW9W(@GW0KRL) SO(A)AB QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW MW9W(@GW0KRL) SO(A)AB QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2021 06:49:05 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW - 2021

Call: MW9W
Operator(s): MW9W
Station: GW0KRL

Class: SO(A)AB QRP
QTH: Northern Europe
Operating Time (hrs): 32

  160:  140     6       35
   80:  262    11       43
   40:  194    13       49
   20:  306    17       57
   15:   97    11       24
   10:    6     3        3
------------------------------
Total: 1005    61      211  Total Score = 426,768

Club: RSGB Contest Club

Comments:

Wow what a weekend... it had everything bad weather, loss of electricity,
antennas SWR acting weird with the heavy rain and wind but through it all great
fun!
Not a good start, the weather forecast was an Amber warning for gale force winds
Friday night dropping to a Yellow warning for all of Saturday.
20 mins before the start of the contest the electricity went down, trees had
taken the lines down locally apparently - GREAT!
At 0600 the power came back on and I could at last start however the noise in my
radio shack (yes it really is a shack in the garden) was unbelievable with the
howling wind and bits of tree hitting the roof and the odd bit of garden
furniture flying around, I have never had to have the volume on the headphones
turned up so loud.
Early hours of Sunday morning we had a few more problems with the mains power
voltage dropping (nothing like the alarm from the computer UPS-PSU going off
suddenly at 3am to change your heart rate. To say nothing of what it did for the
cat sleeping in his bed near my feet!). This was followed by a power outage for
another hour - the weather just kept on giving.
Fortunately the bands seemed to be in great shape and luckily all my aerials
stayed in one piece although at times I did wonder how long it would stay like
that.
At 1500 on Sunday  the power went out again, so I called it a day and with the
few hours of daylight left went to clear up some of the tree debris that had
come down.
Running QRP brings home to you what great operators there are out there, and I
want to thank those who gave up extra time to pull my call out of the noise
especially on the low bands. We who run QRP could not do it without you folks
and I for one salute you.