[3830] CQWW CW N1LN SO(A)AB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW N1LN SO(A)AB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2021 12:23:18 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW - 2021

Call: N1LN
Operator(s): N1LN
Station: N1LN

Class: SO(A)AB HP
QTH: NC
Operating Time (hrs): 25
Radios: SO2R

  160:   77    17       41
   80:  306    21       71
   40:  407    31      107
   20:  639    32      103
   15:  656    26      103
   10:   69    15       35
------------------------------

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

CQWW-CW is always one of my favorite contests. This year was no exception.  My
goal was to better my score from last year but had a few potential road blocks.
The first, as always, is my need for sleep. Second, my operating time would end
on Sunday around 1600 UTC as we would be heading off to a Duke BB game. When I
shut down, my op time was just under 25 hours and I exceeded my goal!

Friday night I had a problem getting good runs going, so SO2R really helped with
adding mults to the log. Saturday was spent mostly on 20 meters, but determined
too late I should have started on 15 as it was wide open. I was also thrilled to
get a pretty good JA run on 20 late Saturday afternoon. Not like it used to be
from Texas, but I did add more than 50 JA Qs to the log. Saturday evening rates
on both 40 and 80 easily made up for the Friday slow start. Sunday morning
brought in a few low band ASIA and Pacific mults before concentrating on 15. The
band opened here around 1200 UTC with continuous EU pileups and most signals
were strong. My best hour rate was 191 at 1333 UTC.  The bands are coming back!

Next weekend is the ARRL-160-CW contest and, hopefully, 160 will be as quiet as
it was for CQWW. My goal will again be to better my score from last year.

Thanks to all in my log for a fun weekend!

73,
Bruce N1LN