[3830] CQWW CW KC1XX M/2 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, matt@kc1xx.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW KC1XX M/2 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2021 12:33:02 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW - 2021

Call: KC1XX
Operator(s): WA1Z KM3T W1FV NN1C K1CC K1TR K1QX N1EZ KC1XX
Station: KC1XX

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: NH
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:  201    22       70
   80: 1543    32      105
   40: 2261    39      126
   20: 2103    36      128
   15: 1818    32      125
   10:  168    25       67
------------------------------

Club: Bavarian Contest Club

Comments:

It is always a good time when best friends get together for a contest weekend
but especially for CQWW-CW as it is our favorite one.

We decided to do M/2 as we had just about the right amount of people for it. It
was still a little sad to not have our BCC or Spanish friends here from Europe
but a few facetime calls made it better and we hope that they can finally join
us again in 2022. We really miss all you guys (and ladies).

The start of the contest promised great numbers with the 1st hour at 350
QSO’s. 80 and 40 were fantastic and we had no time to QSY for mults on 160 in
the first 2 hours of the contest.
Dave, KM3T and others finally had a chance to log some needed multipliers on 160
as John W1FV and Rich K1CC kept producing big rates on 80. Bob, WA1Z and Marty
NN1C showed what a well-oiled machine can do on 40 and started with a 200 hour
on that band. They kept going all night. The new motor to turn the 40 meter
tower is finally in place and the “Greta Thunberg special” non electric rope
motor got retired. What a joy to not have to run outside in freezing
temperatures and snow at night.

The first night had everyone in good spirits and it was time for Dave, KM3T to
open 20m into Europe in the morning hours on Saturday.
It didn’t take long for the pile ups to get out of control but He managed to
have hour after hour of fantastic numbers and keep his cool for the most part.
K1CC also kept the band-map and mult counts in good shape on the in-band 20
meter position.

15 wasn’t  far behind and opened as well with Matt KC1XX and Bob WA1Z. A few
hundred Q’s into the day on 15 we had well needed help from Ed, K1TR. He made
the trip over in the morning after recovering from surgery. Thanks ED!
Craig, K1QX is always a welcome face as well in the morning when everyone is
tired and he can take over wherever a fresh operator is needed. He’s a
reliable guy that gets the job done.  Marty, NN1C is usually all over the place
to do what is necessary to keep the rates up.

We again welcomed Steve, N1EZ back to the team and he got a full taste of CW
contesting at KC1XX. He’s a great addition to the team and we will bring him
up to speed. Thanks for the Donuts on Sunday.

Everyone always has great stories and highlights during the contest. My personal
favorite was the amazing Asia opening to the south on 40m on Sunday morning. Bob
and I cranked out a lot of the hard to get multipliers in a very short time.
Rich, Dave and Marty kept checking ten meters but it just never really opened
the way we had hoped. It was still nice to get some callers and good mults
there.

We have noticed a very large number of OE stations calling us during their
lockdown. We hope that your country will open things up soon but it was nice to
see a lot of Austrian activity.

As always thanks for all the calls, great multipliers and some QSY’s. I’d
also like to thank my wife Juana for supporting us with great food.
Good German beer was consumed after the contest for everyone over 21 years of
age and the weekend was another complete success.

Vy73, Matt