[3830] CQWW CW VE7JH(@VE7UF) SOSB20 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW VE7JH(@VE7UF) SOSB20 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2021 14:35:22 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW - 2021

Call: VE7JH
Operator(s): VE7JH
Station: VE7UF

Class: SOSB20 HP
QTH: CN79mr NA-036
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20: 2169    34       88
   15:
   10:
------------------------------
Total: 2169    34       88  Total Score = 626,104

Club: Orca DX and Contest Club

Comments:

VE7UF graciously offered me the chair at his station when I mentioned that I
should go after  W7WA's Zone 3 20M unassisted record.
Being used to clicking on spots I knew it would be tough to find those elusive
mults in the contest fray and it turned out to be true.
Conditions were all right for 20m from the West Coast with the usual caveats of
having a short EU window and the band closing shortly after sunset. I kept
poking at it, CQ-ing into a dead band and such but made very QSOs between 7PM
and 7AM.
Had some great runs into USA (1233 in the log) and to JA (337). Europe gave 390
QSOs, 52 from AS (outside Japan) 40 from SA, 28 from NA, 21 from OC and 11 from
AF.
Unfortunately finding the mults turned out to be my weakness, my arm is still
sore from turning the big knob between CQs but I still came up only with a
measly 88 DXCC.
Thanks to all who called, it was great fun.