[3830] CQWW CW G6XX(@G4FAL) M/2 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, nick@totterdell.co.uk
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW G6XX(@G4FAL) M/2 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2021 18:44:13 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW - 2021

Call: G6XX
Operator(s): G4FAL GW0ETF G4PVM
Station: G4FAL

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: IO93EJ
Operating Time (hrs): 28h26

  160:    0     0        0
   80:  494    16       65
   40: 1610    34      116
   20:  980    35       88
   15:  565    32      100
   10:   63    18       36
------------------------------

Club: RSGB Contest Club

Comments:

A tough weekend in the Peak District. Just hours before the contest started,
high winds snapped off the top section of both the 160m and the 80m verticals.
Left with only 40m for the first night, we made a start, but then there was a
major power-cut at 5:15am on Saturday morning. Power came back after 18 hours.
>From then on we had more success but still had high winds and heavy snow which
affected the aerials. We used a low 80m dipole to make some contacts, mostly
using low power. We were to have had four operators but with the power-cut and
dangerous road conditions there was no point in Mark G4RCD joining us, so we
continued with only three. Despite losing a band and many hours, we had a fun
contest and are pleased with our score.