[3830] CQWW CW HB9FAP SO(A)SB160 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, fabio.scherrer@bluewin.nch
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW HB9FAP SO(A)SB160 LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2021 20:42:54 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW - 2021

Call: HB9FAP
Operator(s): HB9FAP
Station: HB9FAP

Class: SO(A)SB160 LP
QTH: JN46OL
Operating Time (hrs): 26

  160:  822    11       56
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:
------------------------------

Club:

Comments:

The contest was a good opportunity to test my simple Inverted-L with Folded
Counterpoise (FCP), with the apex of the L about 8-9 m above the ground from a
QTH in the middle of a V-shaped valley (town named after the famous place in
California San Bernardino, but with only about 300 inhabitants...).  The result
far exceeded my expectations and with my only 90 W (IC7400) I would not have
thought it possible to cross the Atlantic Ocean with a prohibitive horizon (due
to the very high mountains) and on the other side reach zone 18. Part of the
contest was difficult in RX because of QRN from a snow storm persisting during a
big part of the weekend. All in all, great fun and to be repeated at the right
opportunity.
73 Fabio HB9FAP