[3830] CQWW CW TK0C M/M HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, goran.andric@guest.arnes.si
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW TK0C M/M HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2021 11:18:56 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW - 2021

Call: TK0C
Operator(s): S53F S53MM S53BB S53CC S53WW S53RM S53ZO S57AL S57L S57K S55OO
Station: TK0C

Class: M/M HP
QTH: JN42JO
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:  1998    20       84
   80:  3503    34      109
   40:  4829    37      133
   20:  3752    36      121
   15:  2816    37      129
   10:   906    28       90
-------------------------------

Club: Belokranjec Contest Club

Comments:

It's already our sixth time of a field day style operation from TK.

Setup and operational details were optimized on our M2 efforts. We believe we
set very high bar on the number of the QSOs world wide. In 2019 we tried MS and
again were able to prove that the combination of the prefix (call sign gain),
location (sea shore), antennas (matched to the sea) and operation style (run +
multiple inbands) are instrumental in logging highest number of QSO's accross
all categories.

This year we decided to go MM for even more team fun. The goal was set to 18k
QSOs and we knew we could not beat EU record as 10m is not ready yet. We also
acknowledged that beating best hour rate would depend on the 20m propagation in
the first hour of the contest. We managed to cross 800 QSOs/h with
only 25 QSOs on 20m (record mark is set to 862 by CN2WW in 2014).

The main MM challenge for the location is electricity - so we brought four 2kW
generators with us. The challenge we were not counting on was the weather -
although we knew how bad it can be, we really struggled on Saturday to
keep all the antennas up and running. The rain, wind and hail kept half of the
team away from the shack for few hours. Static noise could beat us down if we
wouldn't have so many different antennas per band (using 160m/80m
BVGs on 40m was not planned at all).

Conditions were good on 160m/80m/40m, 10m was not as good as we hoped for and
20m/15m closed just too early. The count of inband QSOs stays at 16% for us,
regardless of the category. It was always so satisfying when only 0C got through
for the inband call and you could feel how the operator on the other side needed
only a second or so to decode it is TK0C calling.

Setup with twelve working positions:
RIG:
160m TS590SG, FTDX10, RedPitaya CWS, OM2500A
80m FTDX10, TS590SG, Perseus CWS, OM2500A
40m TS590S, FTdx-101D, TS590S, Afedri CWS, HM3MM
20m FTDX10, TS590SG, Perseus CWS, OM2500
15m FTDX10, TS590SG, Perseus CWS, Expert 2K-FA
10m FTDX10, TS590SG, Afedri CWS, OM2000+

Antennas:
160m: InvL, Hi-Z 4SQ, USA, North and JA beverage
80m: Vertical, Hi-Z 4SQ, USA, North and JA beverage
40m: 3x two phased verticals, 4SQ, USA and JA beverage
20m: Spiderbeam, VDA
15m: 4elY, VDA
10m: 5elY, VDA

Thanks to everybody for giving us a call. :)

73 de TK0C/Team Charlie