[3830] CQWW CW OH5Z M/2 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, rantalaane@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW OH5Z M/2 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 02 Dec 2021 14:31:57 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW - 2021

Call: OH5Z
Operator(s): OH1WZ OH2BU OH4XX OH5CZ OH6KZP OH6XX OH7CW OH7WV
Station: OH5Z

Class: M/2 HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:  601    16       69
   80: 1572    35      102
   40: 2386    39      135
   20: 2205    38      130
   15:  824    37      130
   10:   71    24       58
------------------------------

Club: Contest Club Finland

Comments:

This was so much fun again. I am again so proud of the whole team who pushed to
the maximum all weekend. Conditions weren't as bad as the forecasts predicted
but of course they could have been better. Propagation is like power in a car -
one can never have enough.

We had some big troubles in the beginning of the contest. Antenna switching
system not delivering antennas to RUN1, broken relay in stackmatch, computer
issues, you name it and we had it. It took us 4,5 hours to fix them all and we
lost maybe 200 QSOs in the beginning. After everything was fixed everything
worked like an hour before the contest. Mr. Murphy decided to give us a visit
after being away for couple of years.

All in all I am really happy for the result. We could have done a bit better on
some bands but on the others we did better than expected. 160m multiplier count
is a bit low but still on acceptable level. On the positive side 40m was really
good during day time. Two big stacks pointed to JA and NA produced huge number
of three pointers throughout both days. Sunday was a bit better but can't
complain of Saturday either.

It was so much fun seeing and comparing score with our Western neighbors SK3W.
They led at Saturday morning. We caught them. Again on Sunday morning they were
well ahead but we were able to catch them again and take a small lead. And again
they caught us in the end and took the Nordics victory. If only we didn't have
the problems in the beginning.... :)

Thank you all for the QSO's. We will be back again 2022 stronger than ever.

73,
Juha OH6XX