[3830] ARRL 160 K2AV SO Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 K2AV SO Unlimited HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 05 Dec 2021 14:39:48 +0000
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest - 2021

Call: K2AV
Operator(s): K2AV
Station: K2AV

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: NC
Operating Time (hrs): 18:47

Total:  QSOs = 1087  Sections = 79  Countries = 27  Total Score = 244,754

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Friday tough day that was a lot of hard outdoor labor, no way to postpone this
time. Only managed to get in 3 hours all Friday night, but good runs. Then all
of a sudden my head quit copying CW. Losing track of where I was in QSO. End of
runs. OK, to bed.

Saturday, afternoon, early evening was very nice, but there was this string of
constant lightning T'storms 80 miles east of NC coast, out in the Atlantic. As
soon as the propagation opened from there, nasty QRN, on everything. The storms
mostly cleared up around 7 am, but there in force all night.

But found a combination of settings on the K3 that seemed to minimize them. Not
sure why they worked but they did and although didn't neutralize the QRN, did
knock their effect down noticeably.

The 2021 edition will be the ARRL160 of the QRN.

Thanks for all those who sent repeated fills.

K3 + KPA1500; Inv L/FCP. Still no RX antenna.

73, Guy.