[3830] ARRL 160 VE6WZ SO Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ve6wz@shaw.ca
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 VE6WZ SO Unlimited HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 05 Dec 2021 16:25:53 +0000
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest - 2021

Call: VE6WZ
Operator(s): VE6WZ
Station: VE6WZ

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: AB
Operating Time (hrs): 17.5
Remote Operation

Total:  QSOs = 894  Sections = 82  Countries = 21  Total Score = 184,785

Club:

Comments:

Flex 6600, 2 el TX X 4 directions, 15 Beverages, 9 circle RX

I hate to admit it, but I almost quit.  Not a trace from EU on Friday night so I
wasn't sure I wanted to just run NA, but the NA conditions were excellent with
some sustained 130 Q/min rates for over an hour, so that kept me going a while.
However, I stopped for dinner and then took a 2 hour break and worked on one of
my RX combiner projects on the workbench.  I came back to the radio and put in a
few more hours then went to zzz early.  Saturday morning was ok with a few JA
runs, but no OC at all.
The highlight was Saturday night when EI7KD was able to get my attention while
working NA.  I had "decided" that EU was not open at all, so I didn't
have the RX that way at all, but he kept calling until I figured it out, and
switched to EU.  G6XX and TM6M called in right after that, and that was the last
I heard from EU.  My lesson learned is not ignore a DX path just because you
"think" the band isn't open!
This morning a few more JA and Dennis ZL1AZ called in for my only OC (other than
KH6)
Mostly the remote worked well, but during peak NetFlix time, I was getting some
very short data breaks and clicks which caused me to ask for too many repeats.
I'm sure I busted a few sections.

73, steve ve6wz