[3830] ARRL 160 KB0EO Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kb0eo@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 KB0EO Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 05 Dec 2021 16:42:42 +0000
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest - 2021

Call: KB0EO
Operator(s): KB0EO
Station: KB0EO

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Minnesota
Operating Time (hrs): 7:30

Total:  QSOs = 341  Sections = 77  Countries = 8  Total Score = 60,010

Club: Minnesota Wireless Assn

Comments:

The only way I can make this contest interesting is to run unassisted and cruise
around looking for the multipliers. In addition, I have some big noise that has
popped up somewhere in the house that really impacts 160 m. I have a remote
antenna switch that I had to use often to switch over to my 80 m antenna to hear
the weak stuff...a pain, but did the job.

I missed NNY, KP4, KH6, KL7, SJV, VE4, and NT. I was able to find some DX as
well, including V3, PJ2, FM, OM, C6, ZF, XE, and F. The big problem is there is
so much adjacent strong QRM that it makes it very difficult to copy the weakest
DX stuff.

It's always fun to work the MWA crew - I didn't count them all, but definitely a
strong turnout. The strongest MN station was NG0C - I had my friends at NASA
maneuver the high resolution digital satellite into position to see how he is
configured...the NSA showed up at my house right after, so I can't divulge his
secrets :-)

73 and Merry Christmas!

Dan - KB0EO