[3830] ARRL 160 N7US SO Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 N7US SO Unlimited HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 05 Dec 2021 17:10:58 +0000
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest - 2021

Call: N7US
Operator(s): N7US
Station: N7US

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: Illinois
Operating Time (hrs): 12.5

Total:  QSOs = 839  Sections = 78  Countries = 11  Total Score = 152,012

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

I've been having some cardiac issues, so I'm not supposed to sit for a long
time.  Therefore, I didn't intend to get in this contest at all.  (One-hour CWTs
and SSTs are OK!)

Nonetheless, I did get on and started S&Ping only Friday night at 0316Z and
did that for three hours, focusing on mults just for fun.  I tried to stand up
often.

I got on again Saturday morning just before sunrise for more casual S&P.  I
didn't do any running until Saturday afternoon, when I decided to actually make
an effort.

I quit for the night at 0330Z Saturday evening, but got back on when I woke up
at 0915Z Sunday morning.  I wouldn't have done that except I saw that my friend,
Mike ND9G, was ahead on me on the Contest Online Scoreboard, so it's Mike's
fault I stayed up until sunrise.  I had a cat in my lap and was able to put my
feet up on another chair part of the time.

I got spotted as K7US Sunday morning, which generated lots of dupes.  Either my
signal was so weak they couldn't copy my call correctly, or they just didn't
listen.  I moved a few kHz away, which got rid of most of the dupes.

I used my K3S, KPA1500, and my cloud-warming 160M inverted vee at 50', which was
very noisy.