[3830] ARRL 10 N1RM SO Mixed Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n1rm@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 N1RM SO Mixed Unlimited HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2021 21:39:42 +0000
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest - 2021

Call: N1RM
Operator(s): N1RM
Station: N1RM

Class: SO Mixed Unlimited HP
QTH: VA
Operating Time (hrs): 07:36

   CW:  176    46
  SSB:   70    14
-------------------
Total:  246    60  Total Score = 50,640

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Part time effort on this just to see what it would be like. Having a single band
as capricious as 10M required lots of attention! "Openings" were
effective but very short, so striking quickly was essential. In my usual
dilettante fashion, I just kept trying different things (beam headings, modes)
until I ran into signals.  I even tried some CQs with the tower at 26'.

Recent help from K3TN made my spotting assistance much more useful than usual,
so that really helped. Even so, there were many spots that were not heard, so I
shortened the timeout to 10 minutes and that helped quite a bit.  The station
played very well, as it has for a while, though I retracted the tower for the
heavy winds Saturday night.  Thanks for all the Qs and the spots!

Rick
N1RM

K4/A2000A/SteppIR DB18E at 70'