[3830] ARRL 10 K4XU SO CW HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 K4XU SO CW HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2021 23:07:14 +0000
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest - 2021

Call: K4XU
Operator(s): K4XU
Station: K4XU

Class: SO CW HP
QTH: Oregon
Operating Time (hrs): 7

   CW:  538
  SSB:
-------------------
Total:  538    52  Total Score = 111,696

Club: Willamette Valley DX Club

Comments:

Sat am: returned at 1716Z from birthday breakfast to find the band open. First
QSO was K1KI. Sunday morning was even better with a 184 QSO hour. But then I
heard a noise, all across the band, raspy with a 120Hz subnote. I tried the
other radio, same thing. listened on a Dummy Load - same thing. After some head
scratching, I crawled under the operating table and replaced the 30A power
supply, the only thing common to both radios. Bingo! That cost me 30 minutes.
Lessee... that Astron RS35A  has not been turned off in over 25 years, guess its
due for a refurb.