[3830] ARRL 10 N9TF SO CW Unlimited LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, gene75942@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 N9TF SO CW Unlimited LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2021 04:55:44 +0000
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest - 2021

Call: N9TF
Operator(s): N9TF
Station: N9TF

Class: SO CW Unlimited LP
QTH: TN
Operating Time (hrs): 7

   CW:  43     13
  SSB:
-------------------
Total:  43     13  Total Score = 2,236

Club: Tennessee Contest Group

Comments:

Wasn't sure what to expect in the way of propagation 500 miles farther south
than what I am used to and also operating with a cobbled together 160m low
dipole, still only 17' apex. Only managed two contacts Friday evening. One local
to a TCG member AJ6T, thanks Walt, and one ZF. Heard lots of loud 4s in FL, but
they were not hearing me...frustrating. Even more frustrating is they were
working mostly 8s and 9s. Quite the turn around! Had a couple stations answer my
CQ, but QRN and QSB wiped them out. Popped on briefly late Saturday morning, but
was met once again with CQ in my face or no response to my CQs. Needed to help
the XYL anyway Saturday to prepare for a small dinner get together here that
evening, so decided to shut down and come back to the contest Sunday, hoping for
better conditions.
Hit the band mid morning Sunday and finally started making Qs. Mostly S&P
but stopped now and then to call CQ. I did work a few trying to run, but always
was more productive S&Ping. All states and provinces worked were all west
and NW. Only station worked outside of US Sunday was a PY2 with great ears to
hear my signal. I finally got a couple RBNs post my CQs for a short time early
afternoon from the west coast, just before the band shut down, for me anyway by
about 20:15UTC. My last contact was with NJ4P TN, long after the band had closed
down.
TCG members in the log are AJ6T, K4RO, and N4ZZ. Thanks for the Qs.
N1MM says 4 hours on, but it is more like 7 hours due to long periods between Qs
at times.
Hoping for higher SFI and and more sunspots to kick 10m into higher gear!

73 Gene, N9TF
Rig K3S 100 watts to 160m dipole.