[3830] ARRL 10 NN7CW SO CW Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, NN7CW@gmx.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 NN7CW SO CW Unlimited HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2021 03:33:43 +0000
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest - 2021

Call: NN7CW
Operator(s): NN7CW
Station: NN7CW

Class: SO CW Unlimited HP
QTH: NFL
Operating Time (hrs): 34:53

   CW: 1470    95
  SSB:
-------------------
Total: 1470    95  Total Score = 558,220

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

This felt like a continuation of last year's conditions. 124 QSOs Fr night,
within almost 5 1/2 PAINFUL hours. Many unfinished QSOs, which was at times
incredibly frustrating. The first hour yielded about 55 Qs and from there, the
rate stagnated at around 20 QSOs per hour. Yikes!
Apart from working a few Africans and some Europeans Sa morning, the abysmal
trend continued until the early afternoon. As last year, I changed my category
to Assisted to counter my growing desire to call it quits and do some internet
propagation research. While Southeasterners kept steadily trickling in, around
19Z, the propagation deities sent us Floridians some simultaneous sporadic E
openings toward the Northeast, the Midwest and (mostly) the coastal chunk of the
West, which allowed me rake in over 40% of my QSOs within four hours. Another
30% entered the log in the following seven hours.
I knew I already had secured a large portion of all workable stations, so I was
focused on working more EU Sunday morning. Unfortunately, DX condx seemed worse
than the day before and I wasn't able to net much more than I already had
logged. Several unfinished exchanges and only 244 additional QSOs confirmed that
the sun is still pretty much asleep. Let's hope for better, more steady
propagation next year!
73, Wolf, NN7CW