[3830] TBDC W2GD Multi-Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w2gd@hotmail.com
Subject: [3830] TBDC W2GD Multi-Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2021 12:30:35 +0000
                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge - Dec 18

Call: W2GD
Operator(s): K2TW KE2D N2HM W2CG W2GD W2NO W2RQ
Station: W2GD

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: FM29
Operating Time (hrs): 13:57

Total:  QSOs = 799  Total Score = 4,096

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

Elecraft K3S x 3
OM2000 @ 1.4 KW
Win-Test Software V. 4.32.1
Two Element Vertical Wire Beam, Apex @ 240 feet - shooting NE/West/Omni over
saltwater  Seven Beverages + Hi-Z Four

Overall participation was substantially down compared to the past two BIG STEW
events ... run rates for the first few hours were fun but they petered out
quickly.  Conditions at our lat/long were below average and we never had that
'it sounds like 20 meters' moment at anytime all weekend.  NO enhancement at EU
sunrise was observed. Propagation to the US west coast was never very good
either much of the evening.  No KH6, KL7, VK, ZL, or JA.

We had misty and damp weather with above average temperatures ... not the brutal
cold that we've come to love. We stayed indoors much of the time, only venturing
out to do the TX antenna inspection and installed some repaired phasing line
assemblies on the NE beverage.

As mentioned EU signals were never super loud but the flow was consistent for
many hours.   About 27% of our total contacts came from EU.  The total number of
EU contacts was down compared to the past two years which confirms our overall
perception of poor conditions.

Thanks to the Boring ARC for continuing to sponsor and manage this event and
also to the owners of WYRS-FM for allowing us to use and enjoy their superb MF
radio location.

Looking forward to the CQ160 CW next month - hope you are too.

Have a great Christmas Holiday and fantastic New Year.

73,

John, W2GD
For the 160 CW Team