[3830] TBDC N1LN Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, bemeier@bellsouth.net
Subject: [3830] TBDC N1LN Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2021 16:15:41 +0000
                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge - Dec 18

Call: N1LN
Operator(s): N1LN
Station: N1LN

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: NC
Operating Time (hrs): 6.0

Total:  QSOs = 501  Total Score = 2,037

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Well, the time on the air definitely was not close to my original intent.  I got
on early, about 2020 UTC and walked up the band SP everyone I could hear and
could hear me. Then ran some, but much too early at 2+ hours before sunset.  Got
on just before dinner and worked my first EU at 2203.  Thought it might be a
good evening. Took a break over dinner and to try to get rid of a building
headache. Got back on the air around 0320 and the band was open to EU. However,
but 0430 the head was banging and I shut down for the night.  I am sure I missed
a great EU evening, but off to bed.  Got up around 0847 but EU was gone and
nothing much happening.  Did some SP, ran a bit but only for about 1/2 hr.  Shut
down again until 1100 and ran until the final shut down at 1244.

What could have been was not. No equipment failures but definitely and operator
failure.  Put 28 countries in the log with 47 EU and 1 KH6.  No JA, VK or ZL
this morning.

Thanks for the Qs - see you again for CQWW-160.  Hope the operator is ready for
that one.

73,
Bruce N1LN