[3830] RTTY Roundup VY1CO SO RTTY LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] RTTY Roundup VY1CO SO RTTY LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 09 Jan 2022 22:43:01 +0000
                    ARRL RTTY Roundup - 2022

Call: VY1CO
Operator(s): VY1CO
Station: VY1CO

Class: SO RTTY LP
QTH: YT
Operating Time (hrs): 6

   80:
   40:
   20:    2
   15:
   10:
-----------------------
Total:    1        1  State/Prov = 1  Countries = 1  Total Score = 4

Club:

Comments:

Thanks to Bud VA7ST for even getting me on---sort of.

Well that was interesting...never worked rtty before--much less a contest.
Conditions were primitive. Despite the best of efforts of life long friend VA7ST
to get he ts590sg to run properly, it could not be done...not over the phone
anyway, and not at the last minute. I was reduced to using the kx3 and used cw
paddles to send in cw...then read the ticker tape as stations called in.
Appreciate everyone hearing me up here under less than ideal conditions. Wx was
minus 40 (same in C or F at that temp) and antenna relays froze outside after
switching to 40...waste of time anyway. Braved the cold to get 20 and 15 back on
line.

Challenges persisted with the KX3 over heating so I had to build an impromptu
heatsink...freq osc would vary between 26c and 40c during steady tx...after my
crude mod, ran the full power 15 w  for remainder of contest. Was only off an
on, made 250 qso's. enjoyed this contest a lot...cant imagine how much more fun
it would be with logging software and automated rig keying...have to work on
that.

So, Arrl, you will be getting some scribbled hand bomb log sheets...not to
score, but to verify calls worked ;)  Again, to all, appreciate your patience.
I hope to have something sorted out for better performance next outing...I like
the ts-590sg for cw work but its USB arrangement leaves much to be desired.