[3830] RTTY Roundup K6OK SO(A) Mixed HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] RTTY Roundup K6OK SO(A) Mixed HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2022 03:30:48 +0000
                    ARRL RTTY Roundup - 2022

Call: K6OK
Operator(s): K6OK
Station: K6OK

Class: SO(A) Mixed HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs):

   80:    43       16
   40:    49       45
   20:   263      125
   15:   109       37
   10:    30        8
-----------------------
Total:   494      231  State/Prov = 54  Countries = 44  Total Score = 71,050

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Planned on operating full time but Murphy hit me hard. With the considerable
time spent chasing constant PC crashes, I ended up doing about a three-quarters
effort. Turned out to be a networking conflict issue triggered by a power and
internet outage.

For the modest medium pistol station, operating mixed mode is great. When rates
dry up on RTTY, then go work some FT4, when that gets played out, go back to
RTTY. It adds variety and fun. Some say RTTY RU should be RTTY only. That is OK
with me as long as ARRL creates a mixed digital mode contest, RTTY and FT
together, somewhere on the contesting calendar. RTTY RU has shown that mixed
operation is viable and legitimate style of operation, preferred by over 200
hams last year.

Percentage splits were 68% RTTY, 29% FT4 and 3% FT8. My impression was that FT4
was more popular than FT8 this time. Thanks for the Qs, see you in next year's
RU...