[3830] RTTY Roundup VY2LI SO RTTY LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] RTTY Roundup VY2LI SO RTTY LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2022 14:04:47 +0000
                    ARRL RTTY Roundup - 2022

Call: VY2LI
Operator(s): VY2LI
Station: VY2LI

Class: SO RTTY LP
QTH: PE
Operating Time (hrs): 10

   80:
   40:   218
   20:    47
   15:    73
   10:
-----------------------
Total:   338       0  State/Prov = 45  Countries = 21  Total Score = 22,308

Club: Maritime Contest Club

Comments:

This was probably the first RTTY contest that I actually prepared for since
selling our West Prince QTH in 2017. Looked like everything was set...after some
struggles, got the Rigblaster Pro to play, my tiny ~30' Rohn TV tower in place a
few weeks ago and the Th3 Jr (old) and my 40M Vee mounted. Then Murphy struck!
The yagi went offline on Friday, the worst blizzard we have had in 6 years
struck leaving little time to effect repairs. Undaunted, I cobbled a 20M wire to
hang 7' off my rain trough(sadly, back to 7 feet again) and hoped that the 40
Vee would get me by on 15. It did, in fact, 40 was my bread and butter band,
while working decently on 15...20M was workable. I can no longer spend long
periods in the chair, but found lots of action when I could. I was even able to
put together a couple of decent runs on 15 and 40 with 60 watts! Snow clearing
duties ate into some of my BIC time. Duty calls! Thanks for the Qs. I hope I got
into your log! 73, Bill

Yaesu FT-950, Rigblaster Plus
N1MM and a couple of wires!